NONA Korean Style Ketupat
NONA's Special Ingredients
NONA Oyster Sauce
NONA Sesame Oil
- 1 small bowl large dried anchovies
- 4 pieces dried seaweed
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 shrimp balls, boiled
- 4 cups water
- Spring onions
- Cucumber, sliced
- Boil ketupat until fully-cooked, then cut ketupat into long pieces (resembling rice cake/tteokbokki).
- To make the Korean-style sauce, boil a pot of water, then add in anchovies and seaweed. Cook for another 15-20 minutes until fragrant.
- In a bowl, add chilli sauce, chilli powder, brown sugar, NONA Oyster Sauce and NONA Sesame Oil. Mix until the ingredients combine to become a paste.
- Remove the seaweed and anchovies from the pot, then add in the paste. Stir well.
- Add boiled shrimp balls, boiled egg and spring onions.
- Once the Korean sauce is well-combined, add in NONA Ketupat into the pot and stir gently.
- Serve NONA Ketupat with cucumber slices and NONA Cendol Pudding.