NONA Lontong Ketam
NONA's Special Ingredients
NONA Ketupat Ala Nasi Ayam/Nasi Lemak, cooked, chilled and cut into cubes
- 6 flower crabs, cleaned and halved
- 8 stalks long bean, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tofu, cut into cubes and fried
- 50g beancurd sheets, cut into 1-inch pieces and soaked in water
- 1 large carrot, cut into bâtonnets
- 1 small carrot, cut into bâtonnets
- 2 tempeh, diced
- ¼ cabbage, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1.5l coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful glass noodles
- 4 stalks lemongrass, pounded
- 2 inches galangal, pounded
- 1 tamarind slice
- Cooking oil
- 1 large red onion
- 6 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 red chilies
- 4 bird’s eye chillies
- 1 inch turmeric
- ⅓ cup dried shrimps, soaked in hot water
- ¼ cup anchovies, soaked in hot water
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup dried chilli paste
- 3 red chilies, ground
- 4 bird’s eye chillies, ground
- 5 cloves of garlic, ground
- 10 shallots, ground
- 1 tablespoon belacan bakar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Coriander, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the dried chilli paste.
- Then, add all the ground ingredients and belacan, sauté until fragrant and crisp. Add sugar and salt. Turn off the heat and let cool. Set aside.
Instructions (Lontong Gravy)
- Heat some oil in a wok and sauté all the blended ingredients until fragrant and crisp.
- Add water and tamarind slices in a pot, then let it boil. Once boiled, add coconut milk followed by sugar and salt to taste.
- Continue boiling for another 5 minutes. Add in flower crabs, then cover the pot and cook the crabs at medium heat for 6 minutes. Remove the crabs and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables along with galangal, lemongrass, tofu, beancurd sheets, tempeh and glass noodles. Boil until everything is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve with Ketupat Ala Nasi Ayam or Ketupat Ala Nasi Lemak NONA, crab, sambal, and garnish.